Sometimes life really hits you hard. you lose track of your dreams and ambitions. We are just stuck in a loop. A loop of getting up in the morning, doing a 9-5 for the sake of good education of our kids and weekends are either spent in malls or where ever. I should be happy about this, right. I mean so many people would love to have this routine. But well I am not.
Now someone would ask, why not? you have everything you wanted. I am sure a lot of you would agree with me. It’s just that feeling of emptiness inside. I stopped blogging. It took me two years to come back to it. I had to think, and think and think!! Think about why I actually started. The answer was within me but it took me a while to get to that. I don’t want to reach the stars or become a billionaire, I seriously don’t. What I want is to make a difference in someone’s life through any means possible. So well here I am to help you.
It’s never too late to start over. If you weren’t happy with yesterday, try something different today. Don’t stay stuck– you are not a tree.
Here are some pointers that helped to get my mojo back:
- Get Started- Start writing, even if you can’t think of a topic just start writing. Content will naturally start flowing and then you can edit as per your requirement.
- Find motivation in your daily life. All of our lives are different. The internet is a medium where people want to read and learn about personal experiences. Your blog is YOU! So write what you know and feel.
- Write down topics as they come to you. A lot of times when I am doing something with my family, or out somewhere- it would click. oh I should write about this and at that moment I would rather write it down on my phone or just make a mental note.
- Please ignore the number of followers you have or views. Well, this one is hard. But trust me this is a big no-no. Cause it really demotivates you. If no one is reading, what’s the point writing? I know right! Well, first of all, you are writing cause you love writing and secondly someone somewhere will read- Eventually.
- Make an editorial calendar. Mark the days that you want to blog or just decide that I have to blog three times a week. Treat yourself when you are done 🙂
- Space for yourself- This one is my favourite. Get a nice cozy spot, light a candle and a cup of coffee. Then let your thoughts flow.
- Get help whenever you are stuck. I would ask my husband to either read my blog and tell me how to improve. Sometimes he would just say something out of the norm and that would motivate me. Always get a second opinion from any friends or family. They are the best critique.
- As I am writing this post, I feel that I am writing it for myself. You have to believe in yourself, no matter what. Just believe in yourself. Don’t have self-doubt come in your way.
You have what it takes just have to believe in yourself, Stay positive and don’t let negativity stop you. Hope this post really helped. Good Luck!